Silk Used in Interesting Ways
Posted by LAILA REGALADO
From donning a glamorous silk headscarf at a party to tying silk around accessories, silk can be used in so many ways.
Yet, people are still coming up with interesting new ways to use silk in everyday life.
To give you insightful applications of silk, let us uncover the most popular yet lesser-known uses of silk.
Dresses, gowns, and suits are the first thing that pops into someone's mind when they hear about silk.
Indeed, silk has been the first choice to make lavish, glamorous dresses for centuries. The soft layers and beautiful drapes make women look powerful and stunning.
Furthermore, silk even tops the list when it comes to making beautiful Saris in Asian countries. In fact, all silk variants can make smooth and soft Saris, with mulberry silk being the most expensive.
Moreover, silk, especially Charmeuse and Habotai, can make comfortable wear such as nightgowns or sleepwear.
If you don’t feel like wearing a silk dress, silk scarves are a great alternative to feel a touch of luxury and comfort.
From using them as headscarves to neck scarves, there are many applications. Here are some of the interesting ones:
- Silk bandana top: It sounds surprising, but you can easily create a top with your pure silk scarf. Fold an oversized silk scarf in half and tie it over your abdomen.
There you have it: a smooth, stunning outfit made with a silk bandana.
- Pony tie: If you want to try a fashion style with your hair, then this go-to makeover can be perfect for a beach day. Take small silk square scarves and wrap them around your pony, enclosing them with a knot.
If you want to live in luxury, you can even incorporate silk in your home. Some of the ways include:
- Silk beddings: If you want to sleep in luxury, then silk sheets are what you need. The softness and the absorbent material ensure you get a good night's sleep.
- Silk pillows: Yes, you heard it right! You can even rest your head on soft pillows. Plus, the health benefits associated with silk will ensure that you have wrinkle-free skin that never loses its glow.
- Upholstery: You can even get furniture such as sofas and chairs embodied with silk covers. Matka silk is common for upholstery uses, allowing you to give your home a grandeur makeover.
Here we disclose to you some of the most interesting and lesser-known uses of silk, ones that are unheard of.
- Bicycle tires and parachutes: This might come off as surprising to you, but woven silk fibers were initially used to create these materials due to their elasticity and excellent strength.
- Surgical Sutures: Doctors can use silk fiber to treat wounds because the material is non-absorbent and doesn't cause an autoimmune response.
- Painting: Some artists even create a canvas using silk fibers to sculpt their thoughts artistically.
If you want to embrace the luxurious feel of this majestic textile, Laila Regalado has got you covered with its silk scarves collection.
We have vibrant, lively, and pure silk scarves for women that give a new stylish experience.
Check out our exclusive silk scarves collection today!